The new Fitting Florets Collection is so versatile! Today I will be putting together a fall birthday card. Check out my previous blog, which is a Blog Hop, to see more cards made with the Fitting Florets Collection.
I just love these beautiful fall colors- Merry Merlot, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze. The pretty butterfly and chrysanthemum paper is the Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper (DSP) in the 2022 Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog. Let me show you how to make your own card.
- Merry Merlot cardstock (cs) card base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches with a score line at 4 1/4 inches.
- Merry Merlot cs: 4 x 5 inches for the Framed Florets Dies frame
- Crushed Curry cs: 4 x 5 1/4 inches and 2 x 2 inches to cut out 2 leaves.
- Cajun Craze cs: 2 x 2 inches to cut out 2 leaves
- Mossy Meadow cs: 3 x 5 inches for the leaf sprigs and leaves
- Basic White cs: 4 x 5 1/4 inches for inside of the card and 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches for the sentiment.
- Butterfly and chrysanthemum design of the Rustic Harvest DSP.
- Framed Florets stamp set and Framed Florets Dies (available as a bundle for 10% discount)
- Framed & Festive stamp set
- Gold Adhesive-Backed Swirls
- Stylish Shapes Dies for the sentiment
- Timeworn 3D Embossing Folder
- Daffodil Daydream stamp set for the butterfly on the inside of the card
- Ink: Merry Merlot, Mossy Meadow & Daffodil Delight
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- Use the Framed Florets Dies to create the butterfly piece by cutting as shown below from the Rustic Harvest DSP.
2. Cut a frame from Merry Merlot cs. Stamp the sentiment in Merry Merlot Ink onto 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 inch Basic White cs. Use the 3rd up from the smallest stitched circle in the Stylish Shapes Dies to cut out the sentiment.
3. Cut out the leaves as shown above from the Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadow and Cajun Craze cs.
4. Stamp the 4 x 5 1/4 inch Basic White cs as shown below. Adhere this to the inside of the Merry Merlot cs card base.
5. Run the 4 x 5 1/4 inch Crushed Curry cs through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with the Timeworn 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere this piece to the front of the Merry Merlot cs card base.
5. Adhere the butterfly piece to the center of the card front. Then adhere the Merry Merlot cs frame around the butterfly piece. Next adhere the two Mossy Meadow leaf sprigs as shown.
6. Finish up by adhering the remaining leaves. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment. Add some Gold Adhesive-Backed Swirls.
Voila! You have a beautiful fall birthday card!
Have a most lovely day!
One thought on “Fitting Florets Fall Birthday Card”