Hello and welcome! I am Theresa McEntee, creator of Theresa’s Treasures Paper Crafts. Today I have the pleasure of participating in the Blog Hop with Around the World on Wednesday (AWOW) organized by Angie McKenzie. On the second Wednesday of each month, the AWOW team put together a thematic hop to give you some inspiration for your own crafting. “Fall colors in Paris” is a Color Challenge for this month’s theme.
My Project for today
I was creating this card in my head over several days. I really love this particular design in the All About Autumn 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper pack. I wanted to used the Aspen Trees Dies too.
I do look at a lot of projects that other talented crafters make. Some of those projects inspire me and help me to create my own project. I hope my project will inspire you!
This card was made using a variety of stamps and dies. The Autumn Leaves stamp and Dies come as a bundle (#162186). I have really liked the Aspen Dies that go with the Perched in a Tree stamp set. The Layering Leaves stamp set is great for sentiments.
- Pecan Pie cardstock card base: 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Pecan Pie cardstock: 1 3/8″ x 4 1/4″ for inside
- All About Autumn 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Autumn Leaves photo design: 4″ x 5 1/2″ scored at 1/4″
- Basic White cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ and 1 1/2″ x 3″(sentiment)
- Dry Brushed Metallic 12″ x 12″ Specialty Designer Series Paper: 1 3/4″ x 5″ to die cut the maple leaves
- All About Autumn DSP: White/Copper Foil design: 2″ x 2 1/4″ to die cut the small leaves and Cajun Craze/Copper Foil design: 1″ x 4 1/2″ to die cut the oak leaves
- Stamps & Dies: Autumn Leaves stamp set & Dies, Aspen Tree Dies, Perched in a Tree stamp set and Layering Leaves stamp set
- Ink: Daffodil Delight & Cajun Craze
- Blending Brush
- Brushed Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots
- Copper & Natural Ribbon Combo
- Stampin’ Dimensionals & Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Mini Glue Dots
- Diecut all of the leaves and set aside.
- Use the Aspen Trees Die to diecut the front of the Pecan Pie cardstock cardbase.
- Adhere the Basic White cardstock to the 1/4″ edge of the All About Autumn DSP.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Perched in a Tree stamp set in Cajun Craze Ink onto the Basic White cardstock. Use the the Daffodil Delight Ink to Stamp Off once then stamp the image of the leaves from the Autumn Leaves stamp set around the sentiment.
- Adhere the Basic White cardstock to the inside back panel of the Pecan Pie cardstock card base.
- Stamp the sentiment ” Thinking of You” from the Layering Leaves stamp set onto the smaller piece of Basic White cardstock. Diecut with the label from the Autumn Leaves Dies.
- Use the Daffodil Delight Ink and a Blending Brush to color the small leaves diecut from the white/copper foil design of the All About Autumn DSP.
- Place the Silicon mat between the front panel of the card base and the All About Autum DSP layer to avoid getting glue on the inside layer.
- Position Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals on the tree trunks to adhere the sentiment label.
- Start to adhere the diecut leaves. Remember that they will show through on the inside.
- Adhere the Pecan Pie cardstock for the inside to cover where the sentiment shows through. Then position the leaves on the inside to hide the backside of the leaves from the frontside.
- Add a few more leaves to the cardfront taking care that they do not show through to the inside.
- Tie a bow with the Copper Ribbon and adhere with a Mini Glue Dot.
Voila! That is it!
The AWOW Team
Each month this group of creative friends prepare a project for a theme. Below is an image of the whole crew and where they are from around the globe. Such a talented and wonderful group of people! You will want to visit everyone to be sure to see all the amazing projects!
I am so glad you have joined me today in this worldwide hug that stretches all the way from Australia to Alaska across twelve different time zones. We all love sharing joy with you through projects from our individual parts of the world. I hope that you will be filled with lots of inspiration!
See More Inspiring Projects
- Jan Clothier – NZ
- Leonie Stuart – AU
- Rochelle Laird-Smith – AU
- Cazz Boylan – AU
- Cheryll Miller – AU
- Danielle Kassing – NL
- Aurélie Fabre – FR
- Mikaela Titheridge – UK
- Annette Ball – CA
- Kelly Taranto – US
- Shel Anderson – CA
- Chris Smith – US
- Tricia Butts – US
- Theresa McEntee – US (You are Here)
- Lori Willcox – CA
- Teri West – US
- Cheryl Hamilton – US
Order Supplies Here
Thank you so much for visiting today. I hope you enjoyed learning more about my project. Have a most wonderful day!