Hello and welcome to a Sketch Challenge with Autumn Leaves Dies! I am Theresa McEntee, creator of Theresa’s Treasures Paper Crafts. Today I have the pleasure of participating in the Blog Hop with Around the World on Wednesday (AWOW) organized by Angie McKenzie.
On the second Wednesday of each month, the AWOW team put together a thematic hop to give you some inspiration for your own crafting. This Sketch Challenge and the question on whether to add a bow or not is this month’s theme.
I found this Sketch Challenge to be, well, challenging. I had fallen in love with the All About Autumn Designer Series Paper and Autumn Leaves Dies. So I decided to play around with the different designs and colors. I love the little leaves in the dies!
My Project for today
I chose this color combination to be in line with the colors in the All About Autumn Designer Series Paper-Moody Mauve and Pretty Peacock. I did make this card using Basic White cardstock, but in retrospect, I should have used Very Vanilla cardstock. If I make another card, I will use the Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Very Vanilla cardstock card base: 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Very Vanilla cardstock: 3″ x 5″, 3/8″ x 2″ (sentiment) and 4″ x 5 1/4 (inside)
- Moody Mauve cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Pretty Peacock cardstock: 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ (to diecut leaves)
- Moody Mauve/Foil design of All About Autumn DSP: 1 1/8″ x 1 1/8″, 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ (to diecut leaves) and 3/8″ x 3 1/2″ (inside)
- Pretty Peacock/Foil design: 1 1/8″ x 1 1/8″, 1″x 1 1/2″ (to diecut leaf) and 3/8″ x 5 1/4″ (inside)
- Moody Mauve/Pretty Peacock/Very Vanilla/Foil design: 1 3/8″ x 1 3/8″ and 3/8″ x 4 1/2″ (inside)
- Burnish the fold of the Very Vanilla cardstock card base with your Bone Folder.
- Use the Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the All About Autumn DSP strips to the 4″x 5 1/4″ Very Vanilla cardstock to make the inside panel. Adhere it to the inside of the Very Vanilla card base.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5 1/4″ Moody Mauve cardstock to the front of the Very Vanilla cardbase.
- Position the 3″ x 5″ Very Vanilla cardstock slightly to the right and adhere in place.
- Now adhere the Pretty Peacock cardstock to the card front on the left side.
- Set up all of the squares of the All About Autumn Designer Series on the card front, and then adhere them.
- Diecut the little leaves, place them where you like and adhere.
- Stamp the sentiment in Pretty Peacock Ink. Adhere to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the Blooming Pearls as desired.
The AWOW Team
Each month this group of creative friends prepare a project for a theme. Below is an image of the whole crew and where they are from around the globe. Such a talented and wonderful group of people! You will want to visit everyone to be sure to see all the amazing projects!
I am so glad you have joined me today in this worldwide hug that stretches all the way from Australia to Alaska across twelve different time zones. We all love sharing joy with you through projects from our individual parts of the world. I hope that you will be filled with lots of inspiration!
See More Inspiring Projects
Theresa McEntee – US >>You are here
Thank you so much for visiting today. I hope you enjoyed learning more about my project. Have a most wonderful day!