Hello, thank you for visiting Theresa’s Treasures Paper Crafts. I am Theresa, an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Arizona, USA. I am super excited to be participating in Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlight Gallery with my torn paper Sea Turtle Thank You card. Projects in this gallery are designed by Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world! The theme for this Gallery is “Thank You”.
We often forget those simple words “Thank you”. However, it is super important to show appreciation to the people in your life who have helped you, supported you or inspired you. One way to express gratitude is to send a handmade thank you card. Discover the joy in making and sending a handmade card!
I am using torn card stock to create the background “water” for these cute sea turtles!
This Sea Turtle Thank You Card showcases the Sea Turtle stamp set in the new 2023-34 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog.
Current Host Code: F4TT24FW
- Soft Sea Foam card stock (cs) card base: 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Boho Blue cs: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Misty Moonlight cs: 6″ x 6″ torn into strips
- Soft Sea Foam cs: 2″ x 8″ to stamp the sea turtles on
- Very Vanilla cs: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside) and 2 1/2″ x 3″ for the sentiment
- Garden Green cs: 2 1/2″ x 3″
- Sea Turtle stamp set
- Go To Greetings stamp set
- Painted Textures Embossing Folder
- Double Oval Punch
- Ink: Garden Green, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie and Boho Blue
- Sponge Dauber (2)
- Clear Emboss Powder
- Heat Tool
- 2023-25 In Color Dots
- Take Your Pick Tool
- Wink of Stella
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Paper Snips
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
Create the Background
- Adhere several of the torn Misty Moonlight cs strips onto the 4″ x 5 1/4″ Boho Blue cs with the Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Stamp some bubbles in Boho Blue ink. Then use the Pumpkin Pie ink to stamp some fish.
- Place the card piece in the Painted Textures Embossing Folder and run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Use a Sponge Dauber and the Garden Green Ink to apply ink to the head, tail and extremities of the baby sea turtle.
- Now use another Sponge Dauber and the Early Expresso Ink to daub ink onto the shell. Before the ink dries, coat the shell with Clear Emboss Powder. If some powder gets on the Garden Green Ink, use a dry paint brush to brush it away.
- Use the Heat Tool. Repeat until you have 4 turtles.
- Fussy cut.
- Use the Garden Green Ink and the 2 1/2″ x 3″ Very Vanilla cs to stamp the medium “Thank You” from the Go To Greetings stamp set on one end.
- Punch the sentiment out with the smooth oval of the Double Oval Punch.
- Also punch a smooth oval from the Garden Green cs. Adhere to the back of the Very Vanilla cs oval, slightly off-set.
- Use the Boho Blue Ink to stamp some bubbles in the lower right-hand corner of the 4″ x 5 1/4″ Very Vanilla cs.
Putting it all Together
- Adhere the Very Vanilla cs with the Boho Blue bubbles on it to the inside of the Soft Sea Foam cs card base.
- Use the Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere one of the turtles to the inside.
- Apply Wink of Stella to the Misty Moonlight cs “waves”.
- Apply Stampin’ Dimensionals to the other 3 sea turtles and adhere to the background.
- Adhere the sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the card front to the front of the Soft Sea Foam cs card base.
- Add the Boho Blue In Color Dots for more “bubbles”.
I hope you enjoyed my card today using the Sea Turtle stamp set and torn card stock.
Visit my Online Store to order what you need to make this card for yourself. Photographic supply list is at the end of this blog.
Current Host Code: F4TT24FW
When you click on the Vote For Me button will see a gallery of creative inspiration from Demonstrators around the world! You can visit everyone’s blog from the photo of their card on the Gallery. You are currently at Theresa McEntee-Theresa’s Treasures-USA. Enjoy! To vote for your favorite cards, click on the small heart in the upper right-hand corner of each photo. You have 5 votes! Enjoy and come visit Theresa’s Treasures again soon!
Clickable Supply List
Thanks again for stopping by! Have a most wonderful and crafty day!