Hello and welcome! I am Theresa McEntee, creator of Theresa’s Treasures Paper Crafts. For the first time today I have the pleasure of participating in the Blog Hop with Around the World on Wednesday (AWOW) organized by Angie McKenzie. On the second Wednesday of each month, the AWOW team put together a thematic hop to give you some inspiration for your own crafting. “Never ever grow up” is this month’s theme.
Each month this group of creative friends design a project for a theme. At the end of this blog, is an image of all of the crew and where they are from around the globe. Such a talented and wonderful group of people. You will want to visit everyone to be sure to see all the amazing projects!
My Project for today
For this theme-Never ever grow up– I was thinking about something that you never stop needing through out your life–hugs! So I was on a mission to find a Stampin’ Up!® stamp set with an image of someone hugging someone else. I never imagined the image would be a cute baby sloth being hugged by their mother!
The Sweet & Precious stamp set is perfect for this theme. Their are 3 images that I could have chosen from. The sloths had the best image of a hug.
This card is a fun fold. The pattern for the card base will be shown at the end and is in USA inches and metric.
Next I needed some patterned paper to use, Designer Series Paper(DSP) in Stampin’ Up! lingo. I couldn’t find what I wanted, so I made my own! The underlying DSP is the in the Subtles 6″x 6″ (15.2cm x 15.2cm) DSP pack.
The Soft Sea Foam paper was chosen because I wanted a very soft color. Then after I had cut the DSP paper pieces, I used the leaf stamp from the Sweet & Precious stamp set with Old Olive Ink to stamp the leaves over the DSP.
Lemon Lolly cardstock and Pecan Pie cardstock were chosen to compliment the Soft Sea Foam cardstock.
Stamping & Completing the Project
The sloth image is stamped in Crumb Cake Ink. Next a mask was cut from full stick sticky paper to cover the sloths. The Blending Brushes gently applied Soft Sea Foam Ink over the leaves. Pool Party Ink made the perfect sky.
The next step was to color the leaves and the sloths with the Watercolor Pencils Assortment 1.
The inside of the card was created with the leaves stamp and Old Olive Ink.
To complete the card, the sentiment (cut to fit in the oval) was stamped in Pecan Pie Ink. “Bring on the cuddles” is such a lovely sentiment! The Double Oval Punch was used to punch out the sentiment with the smooth edged oval. The scalloped-edged oval is punched out of Pecan Pie cardstock.
To finish the card up, I added Brushed Brass Butterflies and a bow made from the Sheer Pool Party Ribbon.
The AWOW Team
I am so glad you have joined me today in this worldwide hug that stretches all the way from Hawaii to New Zealand. We all love sharing joy with you through projects from our individual parts of the world. I hope that you will be filled with lots of inspiration!
See More Inspiring Projects
Stop by all of the wonderful crafters and be inspired by their projects!
Theresa McEntee – US <<You are here>>
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I hope you enjoyed learning more about my project. Have a most wonderful day!
Measurements for USA inches:
- Card base: Soft Sea Foam cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (cut & score as shown on pattern above)
- Side panels: Lemon Lolly cardstock 1 1/8″ x 3 1/8″ and DSP 1″ x 3″
- Bottom strip on front: Lemon Lolly cardstock 7/8″ x 5 1/4″ and DSP 3/4″ x 5 1/8″
- Front Panel: Pecan Pie cardstock 2 7/8″ x 3 1/8″, Lemon Lolly cardstock 2 3/4″ x 3″ and Basic White cardstock 2 5/8 ” x 2 7/8″
- Label: Pecan Pie cardstock 2 1/2″ x 3″ and Basic White cardstock
2 1/4″ x 3″
- Inside: Pecan Pie cardstock: 5 1/4″ x 3″, Lemon Lolly cardstock
5 1/8″x 2 7/8″ and Basic White cardstock 5″ x 2 3/4″
Measurements for Metric
- Card base: Soft Sea Foam cardstock 14.9cm x 21cm (cut & score as shown on pattern above)
- Side panels: Lemon Lolly cardstock 3.3cm x 7.2cm and DSP
3.1cm x 7cm
- Bottom strip on front: Lemon Lolly cardstock 2.6cm x 14.7cm and DSP 2.4cm x 14.5cm
- Front Panel: Pecan Pie cardstock 7.1cm x 7.7cm, Lemon Lolly cardstock 6.9cm x 7.2cm and Basic White cardstock 6.7cm x 7cm
- Label: Pecan Pie cardstock 7cm x 8cm and Basic White cardstock 6.5cm x 8cm
- Inside: Pecan Pie cardstock: 7.5cm x 14.7cm, Lemon Lolly cardstock 7.3cm x 14.5cm and Basic White cardstock
7.1cm x 14.3cm
Clickable Supply List