Welcome to the monthly Inspirations in Ink Blog Hop. This month the theme is the new Stampin’ Up! 2022-2024 In Colors – Sweet Sorbet, Tahitian Tide, Orchid Oasis, Starry Sky and Parakeet Party! I will be using all of the colors except the Sweet Sorbet.
This “FABULOUS” butterfly card is a lot of fun to make! Here’s how.
- Thick Basic White card stock card base: 4 1/4 x 11 inches with a score line at 5 1/2 inches
- Parakeet Party card stock: 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches
- Starry Sky card stock: 2 1/4 x 5 inches
- 2022-2024 In Color 6×6 inch Designer Series Paper in Orchid Oasis: 2 1/8 x 4 7/8 inches
- Basic White card stock: 7/8 x 2 inches (sentiment)
- Starry Sky card stock: 1 x 2 1/8 inches (sentiment border)
- Basic White card stock: 5 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches for stamping the butterflies
- Stamp the Butterfly Brilliance stamp using the Stamparatus and the 5 1/2 x 6 1/2 inch Basic White card stock and Memento Ink.
- Stamp the sentiment “You are really FABULOUS” (from the Slim Sayings stamp set) in Starry Sky Ink onto the 7/8 x 2 inch Basic White card stock.
- Use the Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Ink in Tahitian Tide, Orchid Oasis, Starry Sky and Parakeet Party to color the butterflies (see photo following the instructions).
- Use the Brilliant Wings Dies to cut the butterflies out with the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Curl the butterfly wings using your Bone Folder.
- Adhere the Orchid Oasis Designer Series Paper to the 2 1/4 x 5 inch Starry Sky card stock.
- Adhere the sentiment to the 1 x 2 1/8 inch Starry Sky card stock.
Embossing with Brilliant Wings Dies
Use the hatched pattern die in the Brilliant Wings Dies to emboss onto the 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inch Parakeet Party card stock. You will need to do this 3 times to create the pattern I made.
Assembling the Card
- As shown in the photo above, adhere the embossed Parakeet Party card stock to the front of the Thick Basic White card stock card base.
- Adhere the Orchid Oasis Designer Series Paper/Starry Sky card stock card piece to the left side of the Parakeet Party card stock
- Position the butterflies and the sentiment on the card front. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere them.
- Tie a bow with the Starry Sky and Parakeet Party 1/8 inch Metallic Woven Ribbon. Use a Mini Glue Dot to adhere the bow under the sentiment piece.
- Embellish with the 2022-2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots as desired.
Voila! You have a “FABULOUS” card to pass on to a friend!
Thank you for visiting my blog today & I hope you will continue on the hop.
Please click on the Blog Roll below to hop along with us. Don’t forget when visiting to leave a little love.
Have a great day!
9 thoughts on “Butterfly Brilliance for the Inspirations in Ink June Blog Hop-June 2022”
Lovely card & great use of the In Colours Wendy. You have opened my brain to using the hatched die, thank you.
I love how you used the hatched pattern die to add texture to your beautiful card!
Easy and beautiful! I’m warming to the new in colors.
Very pretty card Theresa! Love the coloring for the butterflies!
Fabulous card Theresa!! Love those butterflies!!