I can’t believe it is July already! This year is flying by for me! This Stampin’ Up® Hello Ladybug Thank You card is a perfect thank you card for July picnics and barbeques.
I am delighted to be participating in Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlight Gallery with Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world today! The theme for the Gallery is “Thank You”. We often forget those simple words – Thank you. It is so important to show your appreciation to the people in your lives who have inspired you, helped you, and supported you by sending them a thank you card.
The Stampin’ Up!® Hello Ladybug stamp set has several fun ladybug images. There is a coordinating Ladybug Builder Punch.
Let’s make this card!
Measurements and Supplies
- Basic White Card Stock(CS) card base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches with a score line at 4 1/4 inches
- Real Red CS: 5 1/4 x 4 inches and 3/4 x 4 1/4 inches
- Basic Black CS: 5 1/8 x 3 7/8 inches and 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches
- Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper (DSP): 3 x 3 3/4 inches
- Sweetest Christmas DSP: 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 inches for both designs and 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches of the polka dot pattern
- Basic White CS: 3/4 x 2 1/2 inches for the sentiment and extra for stamping the ladybug, flowers and leaf
- Ink: Memento, Real Red and Parakeet Party
- Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- I also used the Label Me Fancy Punch to round the end of the sentiment strip
Tip #1: to get the best results with stamping a stamp with a large solid area like the ladybug and leaf, use the Stamparatus so you can stamp over the image a few times.
Tip #2: Be mindful of how you position the stamps for the ladybug body and wings on the Basic White CS so you can use the punch.
- Stamp the body of the ladybug in Memento Ink onto Basic
- Using a second piece of Basic White CS stamp the ladybug wings in Real Red Ink. Use Memento Ink to stamp the spots.
- On another piece of Basic White CS stamp the leaf in Parakeet Party Ink. You will need to Fussy Cut the leaf.
- Use Real Red Ink to stamp the sentiment onto the 3/4 x 2 1/2 inch Basic White CS.
- Insert the left end of the sentiment strip into the left side of the Label Me Fancy Punch to round the edge. Cut a banner edge on the right end.
- Adhere the Real Red CS to the Basic White CS card base. Then adhere the Basic Black followed by the pieces of DSP.
- To make the ladybug appear as though it were flying, use a Stampin’ Dimensional on the tail end and adhesive on the head.
- For the wings, use the Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals on the tips and adhere the top of the wings to the ladybug body with adhesive.
- The leaf is adhered by using a Stampin’ Dimensional on the base and adhering the tip with adhesive.
- Adhere the sentiment.
- Apply the Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels as desired.
For the inside of the card, adhere the Real Red CS, Sweetest Christmas DSP and Basic Black strips as shown. Stamp the trio of flowers in Real Red Ink and Fussy Cut.
Voila! You have a great summer Thank You card!
Please click on the Vote button below to go to the International Blog Highlights Gallery and see everyone’s projects from around the world! Please vote for my card by clicking on the small heart icon in the upper right hand corner of the photo of my card. Thanks in advance!
I really appreciate your visit to my blog. Remember to subscribe to receive my Theresa’s Treasures Paper Crafts Blog. And learn about all the Stampin’ Up! specials by subscribing to my Newsletter!
Have a wonderful summer!
10 thoughts on “Kylie’s International Blog Highlights Gallery- July 2022- Stampin’ Up!® Hello Ladybug Thank You card”
Super cute card!!!😊
Lovely card, Theresa!
Thank you so much!
Love the combination of DSP’s. Adorable card Theresa! Thanks for being part of my International log Highlights this month and all the best with voting!
The lady bud is super cute. And putting the black-and-white DSP behind it was perfect. <3
I love the lady bug too, great card
Love the Red/Black color combination.