Today I have an awesome Trucking Along Bundle Slit Slider Birthday Card!
Welcome and thanks for visiting Theresa’s Treasures Paper Crafts! I am Theresa, a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Arizona, USA. Today is the monthly Inspirations in Ink Blog Hop! I am excited to be hopping with talented demonstrators from around the world. Be sure to check out everyone’s Fun Fold projects. The Trucking Along Bundle is an Online Exclusive and is not found in any catalog. You may order from my Online Store HERE.
Today’s Blog Hop is a Fun Fold Hop. Each of us is demonstrating a different Fun Fold. I first learned about the Slit Slider Card from Tina Hamp, who learned it from Julie Davidson. Tina made a Slit Slider Card with the Legendary Ride motorcylcle set. Julie did a cute Slit Slider Card with an octopus. Julie has a video demonstrator of her card HERE.
- Early Espresso cardstock card base: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 1/2″ & 4 1/2″
- Basic White cardstock: 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside) and 3/4″ x 3″ (mechanism)
- One Horse Open Sleigh 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (DSP):
3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Trucking Along stamp set & punch
- Beside Me stamp (Celebrating You Today sentiment)
- Peaceful Moments stamp (Happy Birthday sentiment)
- Ink: Memento Black & Early Espresso
- Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers: Pecan Pie, Boho Blue, Misty Moonlight, Azure Afternoon, Night of Navy, Blueberry Bushel Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Gray Granite and Color Lifter
- Foam Adhesive Strip
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Tear & Tape Adhesive
- 3/8″ Textured Ribbon in Boho Blue
- Adhesive Backed Snowflake Assortment (Online Exclusive)
- Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- Wink of Stella
Prepare the Card Base
- Adhere the designer series paper to the Early Espresso card base.
- Make a circular finger notch at the midline of the DSP panel on the left. (Use the Circle Dies or the retired 1″ circle punch)
- Place the Early Espresso card base in your trimmer at the 1 1/2″ mark, with the 1/2″ score line to the left.
- Make a cut from 3/4″ down to 4 3/4″.
- Use Memento Ink to stamp the pick up truck on a scrap of Basic White cardstock. Stamp the “Farm Fresh” sentiment on the door.
- Color with the Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers as desired.
- Stamp the “Happy Birthday” sentiment on the Basic White cardstock for the inside. Punch a hole in the midline near the left edge for the ribbon. Thread the ribbon through the hole. Tip: this ribbon frays easily so I used a lighter to melt the ends.
- Stamp “Celebrate You Today” to straddle the slit and so that it will hide behind the pick up truck.
Putting it Together
- Take out the 3/4″ x 3″ Basic White cardstock strip. Add a strip of the Adhesive Foam Strips to the bottom as close to the edge as possible. This is the mechanism for moving the pick up.
- Slide the strip into the slit, up underneath until the strip of Foam Adhesive Strips is close to the slit.
- Flip this over.
- Apply Multipurpose Liquid Glue (or Tear & Tape) to 2/3 of the top of the Basic White cardstock strip.
- Adhere the Basic White cardstock with the Happy Birthday sentiment to the strip by laying it in position to cover the panel. Be sure the Happy Birthday is on the back to the right.
- Fold the Early Espresso cardstock on the score lines. Use a strip of Tear & Tape on the 1/2″ flap. Fold the top panel down over the 1/2″ strip and secure it.
- Flip over to the front. Adhere the pick up to the mechanism.
- Add the Wink of Stella to the snow drifts.
- Add the Iridescent Rhinestones as desired.
Thank you so much for visiting today! Please visit all the blogs in the Inspirations In Ink Blog Hop. You will be amazed and inspired by all the fun and creative projects made by the Inspirations In Ink demonstrators.
You are currently visiting Theresa McEntee-USA creator of Theresa’s Treasures Paper Crafts.
- Theresa McEntee – USA
- Robbie Rubala – USA
- Christy Gridley – USA
- Deirdre Croal – USA
- Karen Beck – Canada
Clickable Supply List
Stamp-Along Online Retreat
Join me with my fellow Demonstrator friends Christy & Jeanne for a relaxed paced online retreat where you will be able to “Stamp Along” with us. We will demonstrate 6 cards you can make with the Make-n-Take Kit you can purchase. You will need to purchase the Inked & Tiled Bundle to complete the cards.
Learn more about the Stamp-Along Online Retreat by clicking on the “My Class Schedule” tab up top.
Paper Pumpkin Monthly Subscription
Thinking of adding creativity to your life? Try a monthly paper crafting kit! The Paper Pumpkin Monthly Subscription delivers a kit with everything you need to make a project-right to your door! Sign up for a Pre-paid Paper Pumpkin Subscription HERE.
Have a most wonderful and creative day!