I am so excited to be in Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlight Gallery along with Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world! The theme for the Gallery is “Thank You”.
We often forget those simple words – “Thank you”. However, it really is important to show your appreciation to the people in your life who have helped you or inspired you in some way, as well as those who have supported you, by sending a handmade thank you card.
This beautiful mountain scene is created with ink pads and the Blending Brushes. The trees are from the Peaceful Deer stamp set. The ornate photo corners can be found in the Fabulous Frame Dies. If you like my card, you can vote for it HERE.
- Blackberry Bliss card stock (cs) card base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches scored & folded at 4 1/4 inches
- Blackberry Bliss cs: 1 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches for the photo corners
- Shimmery White cs: two at 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches (one will be cut down to 3 x 4 1/4 inches after blending the ink for the front and one is for the inside of the card)
- Shimmery White cs: 1 x 2 1/2 inches (for the sentiment)
- Peaceful Deer stamp set
- Beauty of Friendship stamp set (sentiment)
- Fabulous Frames Dies
- Ink pads: Rich Razzleberry, Fresh Freesia, Starry Sky, Evening Evergreen, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Blackberry Bliss (sentiment)
- Blending Brushes: I use one brush for each color of the rainbow. For example, I have a “red” brush that I use for pinks and reds, a “yellow” brush for yellows, a “blue” brush for blues, etc.
- Copier paper
- Sticky note tape
- Paper for table to blend ink onto
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Adhesive (glue or tape runner)
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- Paper Trimmer
Blending the Card Front
Please see my blog HERE for another look at the technique to make a mountain and valley with the Blending Brushes.
- Stamp the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss Ink onto the 1 inch strip of Shimmery White cs. Use the label die in the Fabulous Frames Dies to cut it out. Set aside
2. Use the sticky note tape to secure one of the 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inch Shimmery White cs to the paper covering your table. Tear the copy paper into strips to create the mountains and valleys. Tip: I had a torn strip for each color I used to avoid having the colors mix into an ugly brown when blending.
3. Secure the torn copy paper to start at the top of the Shimmery White cs. Blend on the Rich Razzleberry Ink on the right side. Then blend in the Fresh Freesia Ink. Remove the paper, move it down a bit and secure. Then blend on more Fresh Freesia Ink.
4. Use a different strip to blend in the Starry Sky Ink. Then another strip for the Evening Evergreen. Leave the strip for the Evening Evergreen Ink in place. Stamp Off some of the small pine trees from the Peaceful Deer stamp set in the Evening Evergreen Ink then stamp onto the Shimmery White cs. Move the strip of torn copy paper down. Then blend in another layer of the Evening Evergreen Ink. Stamp Off a few more of the small pine trees and stamp onto the card piece with the torn copy paper in place.
5. Remove the strip after the 2nd layer of Evening Evergreen Ink. Stamp the medium and large pine trees in Evening Evergreen Ink. Reapply the strip and blend a 3rd layer. Stamp some medium pine trees around the larger trees.
6. Apply one layer of Daffodil Delight Ink. Finish up with Pumpkin Pie Ink in the lower left-hand corner.
Blending the Inside of the Card
1. Use the second 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inch Shimmery White cs for the inside of the card. Apply the sticky tape to mask all but a 1/2 inch strip on the right. Apply the ink as described above. Remove the mask.
Assembling the card
- Adhere the inside card piece to the inside of the Blackberry Bliss cs card base.
2. Adhere the Sun Print DSP to the front of the card base.
3. Cut the first Shimmery White cs card piece to 3 x 4 1/4 inches. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere it at an angle to the front of the card base. Adhere the ornate Blackberry Bliss cs photo corners.
4. Add the sentiment. You can add some Bling if you like. (I actually forgot! I made this card as I was headed out to Nashville to see my 1st grand baby, so I hope you can forgive me this one time! Lol!)
Voila! You have a very artistic mountain scene for a special handmade thank you card!
Thank you for visiting today. I hope you try this technique. It is very fun and rewarding.
Please click on the Vote button below and you will see all the projects for the December International Blog Gallery. You have up to 5 votes. Click on the small heart in the upper right-hand corner of the card you want to vote for until it turns red. I would appreciate a vote for my mountain scene thank you card.
Supplies with links
8 thoughts on “Kylie’s International Blog Highlights Gallery-December 2022-Peaceful Deer & Fabulous Frames”
Love this image and beautifully coloured Thanks Theresa for being part of my International Blog Highlights this month and all the best with voting!
What a beautiful card, Theresa!
Love the way you did he background and the piece on the inside. Great card!
The background is sooo beautiful, great job!
Wow!! Fabulous card Theresa!! Love the colors!!😊
Great blending! Fabulous card!
Greetings from Germany, Simone