Today I am taking part in Kylie Bertucci’s Monthly International Blog Highlights Gallery. The theme is- Thank You. It is so important to thank those who inspire us. Those who help us out. Those who have our back.
On this gallery, you can see thank you cards made by people from all over the world! I hope you enjoy my Snowflake Wishes Thank You card and take the time to see everyone else’s inspiring creations by visiting the gallery. You can get to the gallery by selecting the “Vote For Me” button at the end of this blog.
The Thank You sentiment if from the Sweet Ice Cream stamp set. All of the stamped snowflakes are from the Snowflake Wishes stamp set. The Stampin’ Up! color is Pacific Point. I ended up with several packages of the Wonderful Snowflakes, so I really wanted to make a card with them.
Using the Blending Brushes
To create the background I used the Blending Brush with Pacific Point Ink on Basic White Card Stock (CS). A few tips:
- Gently swirl the Blending Brush on the ink pad in a circular motion.
- Touch your scrap paper before blending the color onto your Basic White CS.
- Move the Blending Brush in a circular motion with light pressure, then medium pressure as the color leaves the brush.
- Go slow to keep the color blending on smoothly. You will need many layers.
- The Blending Brushes do take some practice. My goal is to eventually have a very smooth transition of color.
The Wonderful Snowflakes are super fun! When the light hits just right you see a rainbow!
I added lots of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels for sparkle! Voila! Such a pleasant Thank You card to send off!
Please vote for my card when you visit the Gallery by selecting the “Vote For Me” button below. Thank you!