Today’s card is a Father’s Day card in a Vintage style. I made this now because I know how Father’s Day sneaks up on me!
The card is made with the Stampin’ Up! A Good Man stamp set. The paper is Soft Suede, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla cardstock (CS). The printed paper is from the Stampin’ Up! Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper (DSP). The ink for the man is Soft Suede. I used a Blender Pen to slightly color the image. The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso ink. I used Linen Thread as an embellishment.
The measurements are: Soft Suede CS: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches with a score line at 4 1/4 inches for the card base; Early Espresso CS: 4 x 3 inches and 4 1/4 x 1/2 inches; Very Vanilla CS: 5 1/4 x 4 inches for the inside of the card, 4 x 3 inches and 3 x 3/4 inches; and the Come Sail Away DSP: 4 x 2 1/4 inches.
- Fold the Soft Suede card base at the 4 1/4 inch score line.
- Stamp the man in Soft Suede ink onto the 4 x 3 inch Very Vanilla CS. Use one of the Layering Ovals Dies in a cutting machine to cut out around the man.
- Use the Blender Pen to blend some of the ink onto the shirt and pants. i made the pants slightly darker than the shirt.
- Use the next size up on the Layering Ovals Dies to cut an oval from the 4 x 3 inch Early Espresso CS.
- Adhere the two ovals together.
- Stamp the sentiment “You do a great job of being a great guy” in Early Espresso ink onto the 3 x 3/4 inch Very Vanilla CS.
- Tie a 22 inch piece of Linen Thread twice around the 4 1/2 x 1/2 inch strip of Early Espresso CS. Tie in place to one side.
- Adhere the DSP to the front of the card base.
- Adhere the Early Espresso CS wrapped with the Linen Thread onto the card with adhesive.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of the oval piece stamped with the man, and the strip with the sentiment.
- Adhere the man and sentiment.
Viola! And that is it! Now you are ready for Father’s Day too!
Thanks for visiting today. This card is made for the Cardz4Guyz Challenge #244 to make a vintage card. View other great Vintage cards at Cardz4Guyz.blogspot.com.
If you would like to purchase any Stampin’ Up! products, they are shown below. Just click on the photo and you will be connected with my Online Stampin’ Up! Store. I am an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and would be honored to help you order what you need. Contact me by commenting on this blog, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy your day and stay safe and healthy! Happy crafting!