Hello fellow stampers! You are visiting with Theresa McEntee-author of Theresa’s Treasures Paper Crafts. I am hopping with the Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop today. There are several of us- you will find the list to follow the hop at the end of my blog post.
The Ink & Inspiration Challenge is both an image and a color challenge. I was inspired by the trees and sun because I felt a feeling of serenity while I was looking at the image. The color combination is just gorgeous! Many of my faves!
- Measurements are at the end of the blog.
- Start out with the One Horse Open Sleigh Designer Series Paper on the left. I thought it was a little barren. After looking through all my stamp sets, I found the perfect tree in the Grassy Grove stamp set.
- Tear a piece of copy paper to make an uneven edge and use as a mask so that the trees appear further away. Stamp some trees in Starry Sky Ink. The mask also provides an edge to make a snow drift for the trees to be behind. Use a Small Blending Brush with the Starry Sky Ink and a light layer to make a soft snowdrift in front of the trees.
- Diecut the sun with the smallest of the Deckled Circle Dies from a piece of full stick sticky paper. Tip: Diecut through 2 or more sticky sheets so that the top one will still have a full stick.
- Apply a light layer of Crushed Curry Ink with a Small Blending Brush where you want the sun to be. Stick the sun mask on. Blend on more Crushed Curry Ink, then blend on a little Pumpkin Pie just around the edge.
- To make the sun’s rays, use a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock and a Small Blending Brush. Apply a small amount of Crushed Curry Ink to the brush and very gently blend the color along the edge of the scrap of cardstock. Move the scrap a little and repeat until all the rays are done.
- Add more trees in Mossy Meadow Ink and Blackberry Bliss Ink.
- The sentiment is from the Horse & Sleigh stamp set. Stamp the sentiment for the front of the card in Starry Sky Ink onto a strip of Basic White cardstock measuring 5/8″ x 4 1/4″.
- The clouds come from the Trucking Along stamp set and are stamped in Gray Granite Ink.
- Use the torn piece of copy paper again to create the inside of the card. Stamp the trees that are in the background with Starry Sky Ink. Then as you move closer, stamp the trees in Mossy Meadow Ink then Blackberry Bliss Ink. Use a Small Blending Brush and a light layer of the Starry Sky Ink to make the snowdrifts.
- Stamp the sentiments for the inside of the card in Starry Sky Ink.
- Adhere all of the corresponding cardpieces. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the front panel.
Use the 2022-24 In Color Pearls for the Bling by applying 3 of the Starry Sky pearls.
This is a 5″ x 7″ card.
- Starry Sky cardstock card base: 7″ x 10″ scored at 5″.
- Basic White cardstock: 4″ x 6″ and 5/8″ x 4 1/4″
- One Horse Open Sleigh Designer Series Paper (DSP): 4″ x 6″
- Blackberry Bliss cardstock: two at 4 1/4″ x 6 1/4″
Order Supplies Here:
Don’t Miss Out on the best Joining Special ever!
If you live in the USA and would like to join Theresa’s Treasures Stampin’ Up! Stamping Gems Team, the best joining special is going on now until October 31, 2023!
Pleae comment below if you have any questions.
Have a most wonderful day!