Hello, thank you for visiting Theresa’s Treasures. I am Theresa, an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Arizona, USA. I am really excited to be participating in Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlight Gallery with my Sweet &Precious Thank You card. Today I am blogging along with very creative Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world! Please be sure to see all of the inspirational projects by visiting everyone’s blog. You will need to click on the “Vote” button below to see the Gallery.
The theme for this Gallery is “Thank You“.
We often forget those simple words “Thank you”. However, it is so important to show appreciation to the people in your life who have helped you, supported you or inspired you. One way to express gratitude is to send a handmade thank you card. Discover the joy in making and sending a handmade card!
This Sweet & Precious Thank You Card was created using the Sweet & Precious stamp set in the 2023-24 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog.
Current Host Code: QNJKQJNV
- Balmy blue cardstock card base: 4 1/4″x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″ (10.5cm x 29.7cm scored at 13.75cm)
- Balmy Blue cardstock: 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ (7.5cm x 11cm)
- Blueberry Bushel cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (11cm x 14.5cm)
- Holographic Trio: Silver Wave pattern: 3″x 4 1/4″ (7.3cm x 10.9cm)
- Basic White cardstock for stamping: 2 3/16″ x 3 9/16″
(5.6cm x 9cm) and 1 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ (4.4cm x 4.5cm)
- Basic White cardstock (inside): 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ (11cm x 14.5cm)
- Sweet & Precious stamp set
- Radiating Stitches Dies an Online Exclusive!
- Grassy Grove stamp set (sentiment)
- Ink: Memento & Balmy Blue
- Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Marker- Light Balmy Blue and Light Smoky Slate
- Blending Brushes
- Wink of Stella
- Azure Afternoon ribbon from the 3/8″ (1cm) Sheer Ribbon Combo Pack
- Pastel Iridescent Gems
- Stamp the “Thank You” sentiment in Blueberry Bushel Ink onto the square of Basic White cardstock. Make a diecut with the small circular Radiating Stitches Die. Set aside.
- Using Memento Ink, stamp the mamma & baby penguin onto the smaller rectangle of Basic White Cardstock. Also stamp onto a couple of full stick sticky notes. Fussy cut the image out of the sticky note and lay over the stamped image on the Basic White cardstock.
- Use a large Blending Brush to very gently and slowly apply Balmy Blue Ink around the penguins. Remove the sticky note.
- Use the Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blend to add shadows.
- Use the Light Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blend Marker to make a slightly darker area under the penguins. Cover this with Wink of Stella.
- Make a diecut from the Blueberry Bushel cardstock with the largest Radiating Stitches Die. Use this same die to make a diecut from the large Basic White cardstock to make the inside of the card.
- Adhere the diecut Radiating Stitches rectangles-the Basic White one for the inside, and the Blueberry Bushel one for the card front.
- Adhere the Holographic paper over the Blueberry Bushel Radiating Stitches rectangle.
- Make a diecut with the second largest rectangular Radiating Stitches die on the Balmy Blue cardstock.
- Adhere the penguin piece to the Balmy Blue rectangle. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere this piece to the Holographic piece on the card front.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment.
- Tie a bow with the Azure Afternoon Sheer Ribbon. Use a Mini Glue Dot to apply the ribbon below the sentiment.
- Finish up by applying the Balmy Blue Pastel Iridescent Gems.
I hope you enjoyed my card today using the Sweet & Precious stamp set.
Visit my Online Store to order what you need to make this card for yourself. There is a photographic supply list is at the end of this blog.
Current Host Code: QNJKQJNV
You are currently at Theresa McEntee-Theresa’s Treasures-USA. When you click on the Vote For Me button above you will see the gallery of creative inspiration from Demonstrators around the world! Remember to visit everyone’s blog by clicking on the photo of their card in the Gallery.
To vote for your favorite cards, click on the small heart in the upper right-hand corner of each photo. You have 5 votes! Enjoy and come visit Theresa’s Treasures again soon!
Clickable Supply List
Thanks again for stopping by! Have a most wonderful and crafty day!