Hello, thank you for visiting Theresa’s Treasures. I am Theresa, an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Arizona, USA. I am really excited to be participating in Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlight Gallery with my Lighting the Way Glow in the Dark Thank You card. Today I am blogging along with very creative Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world! Please be sure to see all of the inspirational projects by visiting everyone’s blog. You will need to click on the “Vote” button below to see the Gallery. Once in the Gallery you can vote for up to 5 projects.
The theme for the Gallery is “Thank You”.
We often forget those simple words “Thank you”. However, it is so very important to show appreciation to the people in your life who have helped you, supported you or inspired you. One way to express gratitude is to send a handmade thank you card. Discover the joy in making and sending a handmade card!
This Lighting the Way Glow in the Dark Thank You Card showcases the Lighting the Way Photopolymer Stamp Set and Lighting the Way Dies which are in the 2023-24 Stampin’ Up Annual Catalog. The All About Autumn Designer Series Paper & the Glow In the Dark 6″ x 6″ Specialty Paper are in the upcoming 2023 Stampin’ Up! Mini Holiday Catalog. The Mini Holiday Catalog goes live on September 6, 2023!
Current Host Code: SBVQNPYQ
- Copper Clay cardstock card base: 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Mossy Meadow cardstock: 3″ x 4″ to diecut the lantern, and
1/2″ x 2 3/4″
- Basic Black cardstock: 1 1/4″ x 4″ to diecut the three fireflies
- Glow in the Dark 6″ x 6″ Specialty Paper: 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ to diecut the Deckled Circles, 1 1/2″ x 1 3/4″ to diecut the middle of the lantern, 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ to diecut the three fireflies and 5/8″ x 3 1/2″ for the sentiment
- All About Autumn Designer Series Paper: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and
3/8″ x 5 1/4″ in the Mossy Meadow and Copper Foil design and
3 3/4″ x 5″ in the autumn leaves design.
- Very Vanilla cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Lighting the Way Photopolymer Stamp set & Dies
- Deckled Circle Dies (in the 2023 Mini Catalog)
- Stampin’ Emboss Powder-Metallics-Copper
- Versamark Ink
- Embossing Additions Tool Kit
- Heat Tool
- Copper Clay Ink
- Adhesive-Backed Sparkle Gems
- Stampin’ cut & Emboss Machine
- Paper Snips
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Paper Trimmer
Creating the Lantern
- Diecut the Deckled Circle and lantern center from the Glow In The Dark Specialty Paper. Use Deckled Circle Die #1, #2, #4 and #5 counting from the smallest.
- Fit the Glow In the Dark Specialty Paper pieces in the center of the lantern.
- Lay the two diecut Deckled Circles on the back side of the lantern.
- Adhere the 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ Mossy Meadow cardstock strip to secure all of the Glow In The Dark pieces in place.
Create the Sentiment & Fireflies
- Diecut three fireflies from both the Basic Black cardstock and the Glow in the Dark Specialty Paper.
- Cut the bottoms off of the Glow in the Dark fireflies and adhere them to the Basic Black fireflies.
- Be sure to use the Embossing Buddy on the strip of Glow in the Dark Specialty Paper before stamping the sentiment in Versamark Ink.
- Use caution with the Heat Tool so you do not overheat the paper.
- Trim both ends into a banner.
- Adhere the Mossy Meadow/Copper Foil design to the front of the Copper Clay cardstock card base.
- Adhere the autumn leaves design on top of that.
- Use the Copper Clay Ink to stamp the sentiment “You are all kinds of wonderful” onto the Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Adhere the strip of Mossy Meadow/Copper Foil onto the Very Vanilla cardstock on the right-hand side.
- Now adhere the Very Vanilla stamped card piece to the inside of the Copper Clay card base.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the lantern to the card front.
- The fireflies and sentiment strip are also adhered using the Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Add Bling! with the Adhesive-Backed Sparkle Gems!
I hope you enjoyed my card today using the Lighting the Way Photopolymer Stamp Set and Dies.
Visit my Online Store to order what you need to make this card for yourself. A photographic supply list is at the end of this blog. Note: the All About Autumn & Glow In the Dark papers are not available until September 6, 2023.
Current Host Code: SBVQNPYQ
You are currently at Theresa McEntee-Theresa’s Treasures-USA. When you click on the Vote For Me button above you will see the Gallery of creative inspiration from Demonstrators around the world! Remember to visit everyone’s blog by clicking on the photo of their card in the Gallery.
To vote for your favorite cards, click on the small heart in the upper right-hand corner of each photo. You have 5 votes! Enjoy and come visit Theresa’s Treasures again soon!
Clickable Supply List
Thanks again for stopping by! Have a most wonderful and crafty day!