Perched in a Tree Thinking of You Card
Today I have a Super Cute Perched in a Tree Thinking of You Card that shows off all the new 2023-25 In Colors!
Welcome and thanks for visiting Theresa’s Treasures Paper Crafts! I am Theresa and I am a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Arizona, USA. Today is the monthly Inspirations in Ink Blog Hop! I am excited to be hopping along with awesome demonstrators from around the world! Be sure to check out everyone’s projects using the 2023-25 In Colors & a stamp set/dies carrying over to the new 2023-24 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. The Perched in a Tree stamp set (#159791) and Aspen Dies (#159798), Go To Greetings (#158763) and Sentimental Park Bundle (#160567) can be purchased from my online store now. The 2023-25 In Colors can be purchased starting May 2, 2023. You may order from my Online Store HERE.
- Very Vanilla cardstock card base: 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″ (10.4cm x 29.5cm scored at 14.7cm)
- Very Vanilla cardstock: 2 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ (6.4cm x 7.0cm) and 1″ x
2 3/4″ (2.5cm x 7.0cm)
- Basic White cardstock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (9.8cm x 13.9cm)
- Copper Clay cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (10.1 cm x 12.2cm) and for the tree branch: 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (3.8cm x 14cm)
- Moody Mauve cardstock: flowers: 1 3/4″ x 2″ (4.5cm x 5.1cm)
- Perched in a Tree stamp set
- Aspen Tree Dies
- Sentimental Park stamp set
- Sentimental Park Dies
- Sentimental Park Bundle #160567 (available until May 1, 2023 at 11:59pm MDT)
- Go to Greetings stamp set (a great stamp set for several sentiments)
- Countryside Corners Dies
- Ink: Memento Black and the 2023-25 In Colors: Boho Blue, Copper Clay, Moody Mauve, Wild Wheat & Pebbled Path
- Blending Brushes
- Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers: Boho Blue, Pebbled Path, Daffodil Delight, Copper Clay and Gray Granite
- Glossy Dots
- Wink of Stella
- Sponge Dauber
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Use the Memento Black Ink to stamp the bird onto the 2 1/2″ x
2 3/4″ Very Vanilla cardstock. Color the bird with the Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers as desired. Die cut the bird with the Aspen Dies.
- Stamp the branch in Copper Clay Ink onto the 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Copper Clay cardstock. Die cut the branch with the Aspen Dies.
- Stamp the flowers from the Sentimental Park stamp set onto the Moody Mauve cardstock using Moody Mauve Ink. Die cut the flowers with the Sentimental Park Dies.
Blending the Background
- Take out the Basic White cardstock. Start with the Boho Blue Ink and a Blending Brush.
- Apply the ink by moving the Blending Brush gently on the ink pad in small circles.
- Rub some of the ink off onto a scrap paper. Then apply the ink in small circles to the Basic White cardstock.
- After you have a smooth area of Boho Blue, apply the Pebbled Path Ink with another Blending Brush to the bottom. Tip: I have a different Blending Brush for each of the main colors (red, pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black and brown) so I do not have to wash them in between projects.
- Next blend in the Wild Wheat Ink over the Boho Blue.
- Follow with the Copper Clay Ink blended over the Wild Wheat layer.
- Finally blend the Moody Mauve Ink on the top of the Basic White cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment “Thinking of You” from the Go to Greetings stamp set onto the 1″ x 2 3/4″ Very Vanilla cardstock with the Boho Blue Ink. Die cut with the Countryside Corners Dies.
- Use a Sponge Dauber and the Copper Clay Ink to sponge the edges of the sentiment.
- Using the Moody Mauve Ink and the flowers from the Sentimental Park stamp set, stamp on the inside of the Very Vanilla cardstock card base.
- Die cut the card front oval with the trees from the 4″x 5 1/4″ Copper Clay cardstock using the Aspen Dies.
- Adhere the Copper Clay cardstock with the diecut trees to the Basic White cardstock with the blended ink on it using the Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Now adhere this card piece to the front of the Very Vanilla cardstock card base.
- Lay the tree branch on the card front and trim. Then adhere the tree branch to the card front with the Liquid Glue.
- Adhere the Moody Mauve flowers.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the bird and the sentiment.
- Add the Daffodil Delight Glossy Dots to the center of the flowers.
- Apply Wink of Stella to the bird and flowers.
Thank you so much for visiting today! Please visit all the blogs in this hop. You will see many fun and inspiring projects made by the Inspirations In Ink demonstrators using the 2023-25 In Colors! You are currently visiting Theresa McEntee-USA creator of Theresa’s Treasures Paper Crafts.
Robbie Rubala – USA
Vicky Wright – Australia
Christy Gridley – USA
Deirdre Croal – USA
Julie Golding-Page – Canada
Karen Beck – Canada
Rebecca Nutley – Australia
Theresa McEntee – USA
Clickable Supply List
Have a most wonderful and creative day!
Thinking of adding creativity to your life? Try a monthly paper crafting kit! The Paper Pumpkin Monthly Subscription delivers a kit with everything you need to make a project-right to your door! Sign up for a Pre-paid Paper Pumpkin Subscription HERE.