Hello, thank you for visiting Theresa’s Treasures. I am Theresa, an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Arizona, USA. I am super excited to be participating in Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlight Gallery with my Beside Me Thank You Card, along with Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world! The theme for this Gallery is “Thank You”.
We often forget those simple words “Thank you”. However, it is super important to show appreciation to the people in your life who have helped you, supported you or inspired you. One way to express gratitude is to send a handmade thank you card. Discover the joy in making and sending a handmade card!
The Beside Me Thank You Card showcases the Beside Me stamp set, the Blending Brushes and Small Blending Brushes, and the Deckled Rectangle Dies. The coloring is done with the Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers. There is also a unique use of a stamp from the FREE Thanks a Bunch stamp set you can earn during Sale-a-bration!
Current Host Code: B223KFE9
- Tahitian Tide card stock (cs): 4 1/4 x 11 inches scored at
5 1/2 inches
- Basic White cs: 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches, 4 x 5 1/4 inches 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 inches and 2 x 2 1/2 inches(sentiment)
- Beside Me Stamp Set
- Deckled Rectangle Dies
- Layering Circles Dies
- Ink: Mango Melody, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Tahitian Tide, Basic Grey and Memento Black.
- Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers: Fresh Freesia, Tahitian Tide, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Medium Combo (400& 500), Medium Light (700) and Bronze.
- Lay the 3rd from the largest Deckled Rectangle in the center of the 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inch Basic White cs. Use a pencil to lightly trace the inside of the bottom. Note: This will help with stamp placement.
- Use the Stamparatus to position the stamp with the image of the man and children fishing. Stamp in Memento Ink. Also stamp an image onto a piece of full-stick sticky note paper.
- Place the Deckled Rectangle Die back on the Basic White cs using the traced pencil line on the inside of the die as a guide.
- Partially cut the Deckled Rectangle leaving the area with the pencil mark uncut. This is called a Partial Die Cut. Position the top clear plate at the border of the area to cut. Then run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. The die that is not under the clear plate will not cut.
- Fussy cut the top of the image of the man & children on the Basic White cs and the sticky note paper. Cut off the fishing poles. These will be drawn in later. Place the sticky paper over the image.
- Use a repositionable tape runner to adhere the 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 inch Basic White cs to the back of the die cut card piece. This will be the background piece.
- Now for the fun part! Use the Blending Brushes and Small Blending Brushes to create the sunrise on the water.
- Start by die cutting a 1 inch circle from the full-stick sticky note paper.
- Use sticky note tape to create the horizon.
- Use a Small Blending Brush to lightly apply some Mango Melody Ink to the area where you want the sun to rise. Then cover with the 1 inch sticky circle.
- Start with the Mango Melody Ink and blend in a darker halo around the “sun”.
- Then use the Small Blending Brushes to blend in Pool Party Ink followed by Coastal Cabana Ink. Use the larger Blending Brush to apply the Tahitian Tide Ink. Note: If you want the color to be as dark as my card, be patient. It takes awhile.
- Remove the sticky note circle and horizon sticky note tape.
- Move the “horizon” so that you can create the water. Tip: Place the sticky note tape for the horizon with a millimeter or two of the horizon showing underneath. This avoids having a white line between the sky and the water.
- Apply a light layer of Mango Melody Ink under the “sun”. You may also leave a small amount of the space white.
- Repeat the blending of the inks as you did for the sky. Using the small Blending Brushes, with Pool Party Ink and then Coastal Cabana Ink. Add in Bermuda Bay Ink. Use the larger Blending Brush to apply the Tahitian Tide Ink. Remove the sticky note tape.
- Remove the sticky note paper from the image. Separate the background piece from the front.
- Use the Blending Brushes and the inks to color in the white space on the background piece. This doesn’t have to be perfect. Color in just enough so that there is not a bright white space.
- Use the Stampin’ Blends to color the man & children as desired. Colors used on this card are listed in the Supply List above and the Clickable Supply List below.
- Use a small stamp from the FREE Thanks a Bunch stamp set to create gentle waves on the water. Waves are added to both the background and the edges of the front panel. Try the Pool Party Ink first. If you want the waves to be darker, use the Coastal Cabana Ink. Tip: less is more!
- Adhere the background piece to the front of the Tahitian Tide cs card base.
- Stamp the image of the flying birds in Basic Grey Ink. Note: I forgot to stamp the birds until after I had put the card together, lol!
- Draw in the fishing poles using the Stampin’ Write Basic Black Marker.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the top layer to the card front. Take care to line up the edges and the outline of the people.
- Create the sentiment by using the 3rd from the smallest Deckled Rectangle Die. By placing the die near the words, you can make a small deckled rectangle to fit just right.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment.
I hope you enjoyed my card today using the Beside Me stamp set and the new Small Blending Brushes.
Visit my Online Store to order what you need to make this card for yourself. A photographic supply list is at the end of this blog.
Current Host Code: B223KFE9
Remember to visit everyone’s blog. When you click on the Vote For Me button you will see a gallery of creative inspiration from Demonstrators around the world! You are currently at Theresa McEntee-Theresa’s Treasures-USA. Enjoy!
To vote for your favorite cards, click on the small heart in the upper right-hand corner of each photo. You have 5 votes! Enjoy and come visit Theresa’s Treasures again soon!
Clickable Supply List
Thanks again for stopping by! Have a most wonderful and crafty day!
Order today so you can get what you want before products sell out! Be sure to claim your FREE product! If you need any assistance please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The item numbers below are different than the ones in the Stampin Up Annual or 2023 Jan-Apr Mini Catalogs. When claiming the FREE product use the item numbers on the flyer below.