Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I used to love to sew costumes for my kids. Now I make Halloween cards to send out to everyone.
I had back surgery 4 days ago. For 3 weeks before the surgery I had been confined to my bed due to severe sciatic pain from a herniated disc. I did a lot of coloring during that time and ended up with a lot of witches and frogs from the Best Witches stamp set!
Here is one of the cards I came up with using my witch and frog.
- Parakeet Party cardstock (CS) card base: 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches with a score at 4 1/4 inches.
- Parakeet Party cs: 1/2 x 5 inches for the stars.
- Rustic Harvest 12 x 12 inch Designer Series Paper (DSP)-plaid design: 5 x 3 3/4 inches and 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.
- Basic Black cs: 1/4 x 3 inches for the sentiment.
- Basic White cs: 3 1/2 x 4 inches for stamping the witch & frog and 4 x 5 1/4 inches for the inside of the card.
- Best Witches stamp set
- Memento Ink
- Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers in: Parakeet Party, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, Fresh Freesia, SU800 (skin tone), Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black.
- Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Write Marker
- Versamark Ink
- White Emboss Powder
- Heat Tool
- Glitter Washi Tape
- Witch Hat Builder Punch
- Paper Snips
- Blending Brushes
- I also used the Scary Cute and Bottled Happiness stamp sets for the sentiments
- Stamp the images onto the 3 1/2 x 4 inches Basic White cs. Color as desired with the Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers. Fussy cut the witch and frog.
Preparing the Paper
- Let’s start by preparing the paper with the Blending Brush and Parakeet Party Ink. Blend the ink onto the Rustic Harvest plaid design on the right hand side in an area where the witch will be. Make the circle large enough to surround the witch. Also blend some Parakeet Party Ink onto the 4 x 5 1/4 inch Basic White cs where you will be stamping the sentiment for the inside of the card. Blend some ink on the middle of the 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch plaid strip.
- Use the Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Write Marker and a ruler to draw the lines on the Rustic Harvest DSP plaid design. I did not draw the lines all the way through the area that was inked with the Parakeet Party Ink. Also draw some lines with the Bermuda Bay marker on the 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch strip of the plaid paper.
Using the Glitter Washi
- Use the Parakeet Party Glitter Washi to cover 2-3 inches of the end of the 1/2 x 5 inch Parakeet Party cs.
- Use the Basic Black Glitter Washi to make a box on the front of the Parakeet Party cs card base. The tape is placed 1/4 inch in from the edge.
- Use the Witch Builder Punch to cut out the stars.
- Complete the inside of the card by adhering the plaid strip to the left side of the 4 x 5 1/4 inch Basic White cs and adding a strip of the Parakeet Party Glitter Washi. (see photo of inside of card above).
- Use the Versamark Ink to stamp the sentiment onto the 1/4 x 3 inch Basic Black cs. Sprinkle the White Emboss Powder on top and then shake off the excess. Use the Heat Tool to set the Emboss Powder.
- Adhere the 3 3/4 x 5 inch Rustic Harvest plaid onto the card front. The Basic Black Glitter Washi should show around the edges.
- Adhere the sentiment.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the witch and the frog.
- Add the stars.
- Stamp the inside sentiment in Memento Ink.
- Adhere the plaid strip with the Parakeet Party Glitter Washi.
- Adhere the inside card piece to the inside of the Parakeet Party cs card base.
Voila! You have a fun Halloween card!
Try other colors.
Try other designs and have fun!
I hope you have a safe and fun Halloween!